Center for Rural Affairs Beginning Farmer Individual Development Account Program Reminder
We can help!
The Center for Rural Affairs is looking to help you! We are able to offer assistance to selected beginning farmers and ranchers in our new Individual Development Account Program.
How does it work?
· Contribute a regular monthly savings deposit ($500 by )
· Develop a business plan for your farm/ranch
· Meet with a mentor to discuss your plans
· Plan to purchase land, farm assets, or education with your savings
· Select applicants for the program
· Match your savings, up to $500 - that is $1,000 towards your dream!
· Review your progress with you
If you are:
Have farmed/ranched no more than 10 years AND
A Nebraska resident ANDOwn less than 30% of the average size farm for your county (we will help you figure that out)
YOU are ready to apply!!
Opportunities for this program are limited. Please see the attached application and brochure.
Completed applications MUST be returned to prior to :
Center for Rural Affairs
PO Box 136
Lyons NE 68038