Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Producers Choice Chef Award Recipient Brandon Harpster, Executive Chef for Single Barrel!

Chef Brandon Harpster nominated for support of sustainable farmers in Nebraska!


Lincoln chef Brandon Harpster, @bsharpster from Singe Barrel, @TheSingleBarrel, has been selected for the Producers Choice Chef Award.  PCCA recognizes chefs nominated & voted on by NSAS farmers throughout Nebraska for their dedication to local & sustainable foods. Enjoy a five course meal prepared by local chefs made with ingredients from local producers. Chefs will be paired w/local & sustainable farmers. Chef Brandon will be paired w/NSAS board member, Clear Creek Organic Farms!  


About Brandon, from the Lincoln Secret Supper

I fell into cooking completely as an accident. I always loved to eat but never really had much of a desire to cook. When I was in high school I worked for several restaurants in a variety of positions, learning the business from the ground up. I thought my destination was the front of the house but destiny pushed me to the kitchen. To my surprise I fell in love with cooking and began my journey of learning everything I could about food and cooking.

I achieved a Culinary Arts degree from Southeast Community College and a Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant and Hospitality Management from the New England Culinary Institute. My restaurant experiences include the Cornhusker Hotel’s Renaissance Room and executive chef for Yankee Hill Country Club. Throughout all my experiences in the restaurant business I have taken every opportunity to learn and continue to grow as a chef.

I am currently the Executive Chef for Single Barrel restaurant and a Chef Instructor at Southeast Community College. I am a Certified Executive Chef and Approved Certification Evaluator through the American Culinary Federation. I’m also a proud member of the Butcher’s Guild, an exclusive fraternity of meat professionals focusing on education and camaraderie creating a network of skilled independent butchers all across the country.  My style of cuisine is mostly Nebraska focused, ingredient driven cuisine utilizing the whole animal and highlighting local and seasonal ingredients. I’ve recently become known for my use of pork and duck in multiple ways in several of my menus.


About Clear Creek Organic Farms




Clear Creek Organic Farms has been in the Bernt family for over 125 years.  We have always farmed with an organic mindset but weren’t certified until 2006.  Our name comes from the small Clear Creek that flows onto our farm and joins in marriage with the Cedar River on our farm.  To our north are the sandhills rolling and covered with grass and wild flowers, to the south are the rich clay soils, fertile for crops.  We are truly blessed here to have such a contrast that allows a diversified operation.
We believe that the health of the soil affects the health of everything and everyone that eats from it.  Our farm motto is “Producing healthy foods for healthy families.”  So the understanding of the soil health has been a very important part for us.  My wife, Kristine and I have been blessed with 12 beautiful children and they all play a part in the production.  We try our best to work together and help out where ever needed.  There is nothing more pleasing for a parent to see, than this to happen among their children. Take care and God bless each and every one of you!!



Join us on November 1, 2015 as we celebrate the Fabric of Local Foods. Enjoy a five course meal prepared by local chefs made with ingredients from local producers. Our keynote speaker, Robert Egger, will share challenges and solutions to eliminate intergenerational hunger. Egger is Founder and President of L.A. Kitchen, which recovers fresh fruits and vegetables to fuel a culinary arts job training program.

Engage in a unique farm to table dining experience for one night only. Reserve your seat at the table! Sponsorships and tickets are available.

All proceeds will support programs of Nebraska Sustainable Agriculture Society and the food hub for No More Empty Pots.
For more information:
Call: 402.502.1642 and ask for Susan
Email: chefawards@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment